Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hillbilly Chili

Today is the annual Hillbilly Chili Cook off. I decided to go and take the pups with me. This will be Aya's first adventure outside of Vet visits.


My mom went with me, she wanted to handle Aya, so I let her. At first Aya was frightened of everything! But with Willa a veteran of such events at her side she soon learned that people liked to pet her and make over her. She has latched onto that! So now it's time to meet the other dogs that also come with their humans. Smaller dogs were just fine, but bigger dogs, Aya hung back and let Willa handle them.

There were lots of noises too! Bands playing, balloons popping,kids yelling and running and the smells! So inviting! Hot dogs, kettle corn,chili,hamburgers, snow cones too! Enough aromas that had dog and human alike drooling!

 I think Aya was very happy to leave! :)
The girls playing in the yard

1 comment: