Friday, October 1, 2010

House Sitting Continued

We have three more days of house sitting left.

Willa has taken it like it was a vacation, she sleeps in in the morning instead of going to the barn with me. When she is out she manages to find the greenest pile of horse or cow dung and rolls in it! You would think that after three days in a row of having a bath that she would start avoiding the manure, not true!



I think her herding instinct is coming out too! Anything that moves is cause for a chase, no matter what it is, big dogs, horse, birds(vultures), bugs etc.


The other afternoon we were lounging on the deck when I hear Willa give a yelp! After a thorough investigation I can not find the cause, so I go back to my book. A few minutes later she yelps again, and moves over under my chair. That is when I get buzzed! I look around and see a hummingbird. Willa had been laying under their feeders and they had been attacking her to get her away from their food! I truly had to laugh at the fact that these little birds got the best of Willa.


We will be leaving for St Louis, MO on Oct 6. I am getting excited! Camping out for two nights, biking to the Arch, fun!!

Such a lazy pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment